Rabu, 11 Ogos 2010

My Main Problem

I have to admit I really don't like the telephone. Maybe it is because it is an interruption in an already "overscheduled" world. Even if it is someone I really want to talk to, it sometimes feels like a chore "to be nice"! With the amount of spam phone calls I still seem to receive, even after being on the "Do not call list", I must admit I make assumptions when I pick up the phone. If there is a nano-second of a pause when I pick up the phone, I immediately assume I am on someone's computer list just waiting to pounce if they here a real person on the other end of the phone.

However, when I am initiating the call I really "want" another human on the other end of the line. I don't want to be put in "voice mail jail" and being warned that the phone calls are taken in the order they are received and if I hang up and call back I may be waiting until doomsday to get to someone. Want to have a real laugh? Ask a teenager what a rotary phone is. It will either make you laugh or maybe cry at their response!

No matter which type of phone caller or business owner I happen to be, this communication tool, no matter how big or small is here to stay. It is important to know how to use it efficiently and effectively. With so much cell phone usage, right or wrong, that adds another dimension to the mix.

Regardless how fancy my Bluetooth, or cell phone or rotary phone with, heaven help us, a cord, is, it is important to address and put into practice, correct phone techniques.I need to learn more about the skills.

Tiada ulasan: